Re: Not-so-strange question about bind

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
[...]
I suppose, in the worst case, I could install both bind and bind9,
hoping they don't conflict.

You could use UserModeLinux UML and have two virtual machines running bind. They would have two different IP addresses, so you could set up the clients to ask the right named.

Any feedback will be very useful, so thanks in advance.

I don't know if the task you want to archive makes sense, since it complicates the setup very much.

Why don't you use two different zones and use different 'search' lines in resolv.conf for internal and external machines. That would implicate that you would use one domainname internally 'xyz.local' and another externally 'xyz.com'

I am not a networking-guru, but I would think that if you would tell us what you want to do (not technicaly, but what you want to archive),
someone might come up with another way to do it.

HTH,

Stefan