Re: OT: BT Broadband - which ADSL modem?

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 18:21, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> After a couple of years of um-ing and ah-ing, my dad's finally got round
> to installing broadband.  Specifically, BT broadband (here in the uk).
>
> He's asked me to slip in a 486 class router/firewall inbetween his
> Windows machines and the ADSL modem, so I'd much rather go with a modem
> that has RJ45 (ethernet) connections over any USB-type port.
>
> I'm sure there are some debian users out there who can help me make this
> choice -
>
> Which ADSL modem
>
> o has an ethernet port
> o works with BT broadband
> o offers most bang per buck

I have combined the modem and firewall by installing a Bewan adsl card,
which has Linux support:
http://www.bewan.com/bewan/products/adsl/bwadslpcist.php
     "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure,
      pressed down, and shaken together, and running over,
      shall men pour into your lap. For by your standard of
      measure it will be measured to you in return."
                                           Luke 6:38