Re: OT: BT Broadband - which ADSL modem?

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:15:35PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 18:21, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
[snip]
> > Which ADSL modem
> >
> > o has an ethernet port
> > o works with BT broadband
> > o offers most bang per buck
>
> I have combined the modem and firewall by installing a Bewan adsl card,
> which has Linux support:
> http://www.bewan.com/bewan/products/adsl/bwadslpcist.php

Cheers for that - it looks rather nice.  Hope you don't mind if I ask a
couple of questions.

Are there any issues with it being internal, as with winmodems?
Does it steal much cpu (I hope to put this in a P60)?

The PDF techspec says "standard ATM driver" - does this take much
figuring out?  Is it a kernel configuration issue?

What spec PC do you have it in, and how many other NICs are there in it?
Does it provide any other services?  How loaded does it get?

Thanks!
jc