Re: ssh + X11

Rodrigo Valenzuela <rvr@vtr.net> writes:

> When i connect via ssh to my computers it goes fine, but when i
> tried 'startx ' it complains with 'X: user noy authorized to tun the
> x server'.

...and you don't actually want to succeed at this, since if you do
there will be an X server running attached to the monitor, keyboard,
and mouse on the machine that you're ssh'd into, not the one you're
sitting in front of.

> ps: is this the best option in order to access my desktop remotely, and
> do all the stuff I'm used to?

What do you actually want to do?  X-over-ssh is great for running
individual applications remotely (like the Emacs I'm writing this in),
doable with enough network but not actually great for running desktop
environments like GNOME remotely.

	-- Abra Mitchell