Re: Not booting

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 07:20:35PM -0300, Raul Montagne wrote:
> The boot process of my linux-debian-knoppix machine stops
> almost at the end....

> Questions:
> 1.-How can I check what what other libraries are broken?

You can use debsums to verify installed Debian package files against
MD5 checksum lists.

"dpkg -l lib*" will give you information on installed state of
libraries according dpkg's status file.

> 2.- Is there any other way to see what is going wrong with the boot
> procces (besides the demesg)?

You should be able to scroll through boot post messages with
[shift][page up] and [shift][page down].

> 3.- any clue how to fix whatever it may be ;-)

Not knowing what is wrong:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html#s-survival

--
Jerome