Re: New Kernel Breaks... dhclient?

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 02:57:10PM -0400, Jonathan Anderson wrote:
| [New Kernel Breaks... dhclient?]

Did you check the README (/usr/share/doc/dhcp-client/README.gz)?

You must enable the options
    CONFIG_PACKET (Packet socket)
    CONFIG_FILTER (Socket Filtering)
in your kernel configuration.

Your logs should have a message to this effect as well.

| Oh, one more thing: if I type "ifdown eth0", I see the following
| error message:
|
| "cat: /var/run/dhclient.pid: No such file or directory".

This means dhclient isn't running when you tried to shut it down.

-D

--
Folly delights a man who lacks judgement,
but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/