Re: Apache access control

Some things to check would be:

1. Within the Directory directive, check the AllowOverride statement. It
must contain the AuthConfig directive-type.

2. AccessFileName needs to be .htaccess if that's the name of your file.

3. Have to reboot the server too :-)

If you haven't seen it already you might want to look at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/htaccess.html. Good advice on the use
of .htaccess files.

Ernest Johanson
Systems Administrator