KDE and VNCServer

Hi all,

I have just installed Debian Woody on a machine that was running Mandrake 9.0, and hit a few snags.

After installing, I editing my /etc/apt/sources.list to include the KDE.ORG info to install KDE 3.1, and ran apt-get dist-upgrade

Everything appeared great.

I then ran apt-get install vncserver.

Now, on the machine I get the login prompt (kdm), and can login to KDE no problem, but the fonts are totally wrong - the default helvetica font looks like the system font (so damaged fonts install?) and I haven't got a clue how to start fixing this one...

When I run VNCServer, it starts happily, but instead of being able to connect and get a KDE desktop, I connect and get an off white desktop and a cursor - nothing else - any ideas?

Andy Neillans