Re: bug tracking

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 18:29, csj wrote:
> At Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:18:39 +0100,

> Is it that much work to, as Osamu Aoki said, change the priority
> or downgrade the bug?  Then I'd know how I stand WRT package.  I
> know its limits, especially when the author or maintainer rants
> "Yyyou moron, that's a feature not a bug!"  I might still
> continuing recommending the package, but I'd qualify the
> recommendation with "You need to do this [trivial hack] before
> you get it to work".

If it is such a trivial hack to fix it, why didn't you submit the fix to
the debian bug tracking system and to the upstream project maintainers
(if you think it's a problem with the project rather than the specific
debian package)?

Did you even bother to file the bug(s) upstream?

You probably assumed that the debian package maintainer would have
forwarded it to the upstream project maintainer, but those forwarded bug
are very unlikely to be fixed, since it adds a redirection to the
project maintainers ability to get more information about a bug.

Andreas