Re: need help getting ipchains goin'

Hello

coco the talking chimp (<captain_milkfart@hotmail.com>) wrote:

> ok so I just found the /boot/config-2.2.20-compaq.  This, i figure, is
> where the options CONFIG_FIREWALL=y and CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y should
> be.  Of course they are not there.  Should I just type them in or
> what?  Plus the  /proc/net/ip_fwchains/ file isn't there but I think
> that's for older kernels.

/Please/ use  line-wrapping. I think horizontal scrolling is very
annoying. And sending in text instead of html might also be a good
idea.

The config file you found contains the configuration that was used to
build the kernel you are using. Changing options in that file won't
change your kernel in any way.

Either you recompile the kernel from source using that changed config
file, or you install another kernel image that already has ipchains
(2.2 and 2.4) or iptables (2.4 only) support. See my other message on
information on how to do that.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--