Re: Mousey broken

Sebastian wrote:

>Well... you're using the USB device (/dev/input/mice) and the mouse is
>plugged into the PS/2 port (/dev/psaux). What do you expect :-)

Only one question - why the hell does my mouse work through /dev/input/mice
on 2.6.0 ???
Another thing - I installed gpm last night and ran gpmconfig - it found
nada on /dev/psaux. Added to that - no matter which device file I use: If
the mouse driver initialized properly my optical mouse's light would've
come on. It does on 2.6.0 not on 2.4.22.

>BTW: USB mice work fine with Linux 2.4.

I know and that's what pees me off so much. On RedHat I had no problems
whatsoever.
I really think i'm missing something very stupid here, but i can almost
guarantee that I've got the right kernel config.
I've modprobed mousedev like Bob suggested and at first it wasn't there ,
cause i compiled the module into the kernel at first. If you checked my
dmesg files you would've seen that the module was in fact there and did
start up. Anyway's I ripped it out of the kernel and compiled as a module
to no avail. Same problem... Forget about the USB part - as long as i can
get the mouse to work through the PS/2 port - i'll worry about USB later.

I'll really appreciate it if anyone can have a look at these to kernel
configuration files. The one is for 2.6.0 on which mousey works the other
for 2.4.22 on which it doesn't. I can't seem to find any differences in the
mouse config parts...

off topic question: Does sid come with xfree86 4.3 ?
Thanx a bunch guys

(See attached file: kconfig.2.6.0-test5)(See attached file: kconfig.2.4.22)
Willem Smit
SL IT
9471637
0724872442

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and
Sanlam accepts no liability therefore, except where the sender specifically
states them to be those of Sanlam.
Enige sienswyses of stellings wat in hierdie boodskap uitgedruk word is dié
van die individuele afsender, en Sanlam aanvaar geen aanspreeklikheid
daarvoor nie, behalwe waar die afsender uitdruklik vermeld dat dit dié van
Sanlam is.