Re: Mousey broken

Hey Bob

>>I wrote:
>> I've just recently decided to move over to debian from redhat and i must
>> say i'm very impressed with deb. Anyway, I started by installing woody
(I'm
>> still downloading the unstable images - gonna upgrade as soon as i got
all
>> 10),

>Bob wrote:
>I think you are confused.  Woody is currently the stable release.  Sid
>is unstable.  Sarge is testing.
>
>Also, do I understand you are downloading 10 ISO images?  You really
>don't need to do that.  I assume you are on a network.  Just get CD #1
>and install from that.  Downloading all of them is only needed if you
>are going to carry them to a non-networked location to install.  The
>desert island test.  You don't need them otherwise.

I didn't explain properly... Currently I have woody installed and I'm busy
downloading Sid -- as soon as I got all 10 images I'm upgrading from
Woody - Sid. Unfortunately I have to download the whole shebang from work
and drop them off at home (damn telephone network provider still hasn't
installed
my phone line at home). So I'm basically surrounded with water ;-).

*snip*

>For USB mice using a tuned modular kernel I have experimentally
>determined that I need these modules:

>  modprobe hid
>  modprobe mousedev

>Assuming that works then add them permanently to the /etc/modules
>file.  You will need to restart 'gpm' and/or X11 at this point to
>know.

>  echo hid >> /etc/modules
>  echo mousedev >> /etc/modules

ok - I'm gonna make sure I've got both those mods installed,
but I think I do allready... I'll have to get back to you though.
Thanks dude

Willem Smit
SL IT
9471637
0724872442

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and
Sanlam accepts no liability therefore, except where the sender specifically
states them to be those of Sanlam.
Enige sienswyses of stellings wat in hierdie boodskap uitgedruk word is dié
van die individuele afsender, en Sanlam aanvaar geen aanspreeklikheid
daarvoor nie, behalwe waar die afsender uitdruklik vermeld dat dit dié van
Sanlam is.