Re: Problems installing Debian on PIII using Adaptec 2400A RAID 5 array as boot drive

With a heavy heart, I attempted install Redhat 9 on my machine and it
automatically detected the Adaptec 2400A and installed flawlessly... I
guess installing Debian on this machine maybe beyond my current
abilities...

Does anyone know of a way I can extract the drivers from the Redhat
disc or boot disc and use it to help in the Debian Installation? feel
a little uncomfortable moving away from my comfy Debian machines...

DCEH> I still having big problems with this machine... I tried redoing the
DCEH> setup again this time using EXT3 for the root partition incase I
DCEH> messed up something else but still no go... did quite a fair bit of
DCEH> google groups searching but no one else seems to have this issue...
DCEH> don't tell me I have to give up using Debian on this machine???!!!

--
Best regards,
 Derek                            mailto:sdchew@ieee.org