Re: Wheel mouse with mutt

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 04:13:25PM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:
} Gregory Seidman <gss+debian@cs.brown.edu> [2003:09:07:16:54:14-0400] scribed:
[...]
} > Check to see whether you are always using an xterm invoked with the title
} > and/or icon set to mutt. It won't pick up the resources otherwise. If you
} > really find that such an xterm still doesn't work, see whether appres mutt
} > gives you the expected resources. If not, something is changing your
} > resources behind your back and you should find out what.
}
} Yes, your suggestion *does* work -- for a brief time -- then, its
} behaviour changes, as I've noted in this thread.  No, appres does *NOT*
} indicate _any_ changes at all; as a matter of fact, I have documented
} that appres output _during_ and _after_ the scroll wheel works as
} expected are absolutely *identical* -- in other words, I have not been
} able to use that tool to ascertain the root cause to my problem.
}
} Any other ideas?

One idea is to start another xterm -n mutt that isn't actually running
mutt, and see if you get << and >> as expected. Another is to try xev and
see if you are actually getting events for the scroll wheel. It's possible
that something is capturing the events before they can get to the xterm
window.

[...]
} Thank you, for your ideas.
} Best Regards,