Re: mutt: thread reconstruction?

* Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) [030905 14:55]:
> on Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 01:26:14AM -0700, Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.ca) wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 12:32:21AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > > I'd like suggestions on how I might go about restoring at least
> > > pseudo-threading of articles, though I'm also posting to the list on
> > > this matter.
> >
> > Tag the message you want to attach to, scroll down to the top message
> > in the other thread fragment and hit &
>
> Ah, so an inverse "break thread".
>
> OK, is there a way to do this in bulk, in a way other than simply
> tagging all messages with a common subject as being threaded replies ,
> one-level deep, of a single initial post?  I don't see this.

If strict_threads is unset (which it is by default) mutt should do this
automatically.  If you haven't set strict_threads and you're still not
getting this behavior, check your reply_regexp and sort_re settings.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin