Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 11:43:19AM +0200, Anders Arnholm wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:37:27AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Nowadays, on average I tend to use expandtab for new code, but
> > converting tabs to spaces is still an operation that needs to be handled
> > carefully with respect to revision control, so I don't apply it across
> > the board.
>
> Almost all decent revision control programs tend to let you ignore
> whitespace when doing diffs of a program.

Other people working on the project still need to use that option, and
it still makes annotate less convenient. Unnecessary cosmetic changes
are always a pain, and if done at all they should always happen in
separate commits to functional changes. (Wearing my code reviewer hat, I
will jump up and down on your head if you mix cosmetic changes with
functional changes. :))