Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:37:27AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 10:19:18PM -0400, Mark Roach wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 13:26, Colin Watson wrote:
> Nowadays, on average I tend to use expandtab for new code, but
> converting tabs to spaces is still an operation that needs to be handled
> carefully with respect to revision control, so I don't apply it across
> the board.

Almost all decent revision control programs tend to let you ignore
whitespace when doing diffs of a program. (Works fine in most languages
as whitespace don't containing any information.) So for that reason it
should still work to update the code to have better indention and get
the full usage of the revision control. (As you don't use python.)

/ Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969