Re: Spamassassin + exim

what a timely thread!

excuse me for interrupting,

On 03-08-30 20:48 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     You can tell by looking at the headers and seeing if BAYES_xx shows up.
> The xx is the approx. range that the Bayesian filter places the particular
> piece of mail.  For example here's the score from the message of yours I am
> responding to:

> 	version=2.55

well, there's definitely something wrong with my setup since upgrading
from 2.43 -> 2.55 this past week, I've fed sa-learn almost 2k --spam
and >4k --ham messages, and I'm yet to see a single BAYES_* test in the
headers

I've been looking at this all morning, & am totally at a loss.
I'm running unofficial backports of SA 2.55 found on apt-get.org:

ENKIDU:/var/log# dpkg -l spamassassin spamc perl
ii  spamassassin   2.55-2.nobse.1 Perl-based spam filter using text
analysis
ii  spamc          2.55-2.nobse.1 Client for perl-based spam filtering
daemon
ii  perl           5.6.1-8.3      Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and
Report

Anyway, I know when I had to have my unstable machine fill in for my
mail server for a day this past June, 2.54 in sid worked right off, but
with Perl 5.8.

I'm not sure I'm willing to de-stabalize my Woody box to the point of
upgrading Perl.

Can anyone confirm that SA 2.55 and Perl 5.6.1 will or will not
cooperate?

Has anyone else had problems getting this particular backport to begin
to run the BAYES_ tests?

Thanks in advance,
Kenneth