Re: Spamassassin + exim

Steve Lamb wrote:
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:18:59 -0400
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:

From what I'm seeing in the logs and in the docs is that Bayesian filtering
is enabled by default. But it is not used until there is (IIRC) 200 emails of both spam and ham built into the database.

Did I miss something?

    How does it get to that 200 mark of ham and spam?  While autolearning is
turned on by default with a threshold of -2 for ham and +15 for spam this just
reinforces the default SA rules.

It may be turned on in the config files, but I am guessing that the code is skipping the bayesian score contribution until the mail count gets to 200 on each side (ham/spam).

I just grabbed a lot of email I had already and fed it into the sa-learn.
I think I have enough now that it is working.

I'm not sure, I just kind of fiddled with it a few times in the early hours and got it working.
--
Bombeck's Rule of Medicine:
	Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.