Re: Spamassassin + exim

On Saturday 30 August 2003 8:39 pm, Steve Lamb wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:04:59 -0400
>
>Jeff Elkins <jeffelkins@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I used spamc < ./$1 | grep '^X-Spam' and it identified an obvious piece of
>> spam, and my emails now contain: Received: from mail by elkins.org with
>> spam-scanned (Exim 3.36 #1 (Debian))
>
>    Your stats on mail processed is also going to double.  If you're feeling
>brave try updating to Exim4 and give SA-Exim a whirl.  Only a single
> delivery per message and much finer control over what happens to the
> message.  :)
>
>> Much more to learn here for both exim and spamassassin...next I want to
>> route any html email or mail with attachments to a spam bucket account.
>
>    Bad idea.  You'll note my message has an attachment on it.  According to
>some recent stats so do about 30% of this list.  Attachments are a tool.
> Like any tool they can be used properly or improperly.  Let SA's Bayesian
> filters figure out which instead of making a improper blanket rule.

Kmail doesn't show your email as having an attachment. Would that be the gpg?

At any rate, almost 99% of the spam I get is HTML, but I get your drift of
letting SA handle the catagorization of email. Like I said, I'm a total nube
at this, so I appreciate the tips. I'd also like to dump the false bounces
I'm getting flooded with due to the viruses.

I'm running unstable and my exim is version: 3.36-8.

Jeff Elkins