xserver-common postinst error

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 15:34, R Ransbottom wrote:
> In installing xserver-common (4.2.1-10) on unstable I get a
> note:
> Note: not updating /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config; file does not exist.
>
> This is followed by xserver-xfree86 (4.2.1-10) noting:
> Note: not updating /etc/X11/X; file does not exist.
> Note: not updating /etc/X11/XF86Config-4; file does not exist.

First off, you really ought to at least set a correct subject line when
you are starting a new question. (Also, please avoid starting your new
thread by replying to existing threads, do a new blank email, and type
out the To: address)

this is a bug in the package. this bug page states that it has been
fixed in the next revision, either apt-get update, or check
http://incoming.debian.org

I highly recommend checking the bugs page for all packages you have
trouble with as your fist course of action, especially if you are using
unstable.

-Mark