Re: Any project for turning linux into a hd video recorder?

> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:46:34 +0200
> From: Mariano Kamp <mkamp@gmx.de>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Any project for turning linux into a hd video recorder?

> Hi,

  >I remember stumbling over an article some time ago. It was on, I
>believe,
>slashdot referring to an assembly project with the goal of turning a
>linux
>box with a tv card into some sophisticated vcr, with electronic
>programm
>guide and also the ability to stream videos and to record from the tv
>program.

  >Unfortunately I haven't been able to find this article again and
>google
>didn't spit out anything I found useful (maybe the wrong keywords).

 > Any ideas?

>Cheers,
>Mariano

Mariano you might want to try out www.MythTV.org, also another good
example would be the sourceforge project of Freevo.  Mythtv.org has a
lot of Debian developers so that might be a good place to look.

If you do decide to build a box make sure your tv card supports Linux,
also it wouldn't hurt to search out PVR on the net, and also DVR
becasue they are called different things by some people.

Anyway good hunting and good luck with your project.

Rthoreau