Re: VIA CPU's - cooling with ICE - shuttle - heat

Just done some looking on google about these CPU's and the link below may help a few people suss these little beggars out:

http://www.joshwa1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcs_mini_itx_benchmarks.htm

Basically, the 800Mhz Via chip gets trounced by an AMD K6-2 400!

Worth a read though I'd say,

Regards,

nry

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 10:16, Tom Allison wrote:
> Alvin Oga wrote:
[snip]
> You get a very low power consumption, and heat generation, and a very quiet
> box that you can stick anywhere you want without going deaf.
>
> But I'm not sure if they really perform as advertised or if they are severely
> crippled like an early celeron was.

What kind of advertisements have you seen?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas