Re: OT: Debian Mailinglist server slow?

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 05:48:24AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:23:43 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Just in case you *aren't* being sarcastic, or there are people on
> > the list from places that are far, far from subway trains: yes,
> > subways have their own dedicated tracks.  Of course, when the power
>
> ..excellent.  Problem is, not all subway-like operators has been
> smart enough to separate their tracks from the heavy irons, I
> known of a few nice "Now what?" Quake-like tunnel scenarios.

The London Underground was originally designed to allow through
running from the mainline railways to stations more convenient for
central London than the mainline termini, which were very much on the
outskirts of the London of the time. There are several connections
between the two systems, and the "suburbs" end of several Underground
routes is reached over main line track, so Underground drivers on such
routes have to know two sets of operating rules, Underground rules and
national rules.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons