Re: OT: Debian Mailinglist server slow?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:41:46 +0100,
Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20030829154146.GX4369@pigeon.pigeonloft>:

> > > So, in other words, it's all Microsoft's fault? ;-)
> >
> > Essentially, yes.  I'm surprised nobody has started a class-action
> > against MS for failing to provide fundamental security in their OS.
>
> ISTR someone recently pointing out that the systems used by US power
> companies ran MS software which was among that targeted by the recent
> exploits, and wondering if there was any connection with the power
> outage.
>
> The number of viruses arriving in my email had dropped right off, but
> has suddenly shot right up again - and there's been another major
> power outage now, knocking out the London Underground with three
> quarters of a million passengers on board.
>
> If these events are connected, maybe there will be some legal
> action...

..and you think Sissy Boy George is gonna quit blinking?

..whoever wrote Sobig.F is smart enough to add those last
Blaster's tricks into his G.  G for Gas like in Zyklon-B?

..those subway tracks _are_ separate from those used by freight
trains, carrying, say, _chemicals_?  And there really really is
_no_way_, a virus can go play tick-tack-tick-tack-trick-track?

..2 reason diesel-electric locomotives are popular; they are
about as clean as your average power utility, and they dont
put heavy loads on the power grids.  So, freight trains on
the loco move keeps moving when the power grid is taken out,
and will swat people off the track all the way to the fire.

..the locomotive engineers needs to be onboard and alive and
capable of preventing anyone from tampering with the dead
mans button system, to stop their freight trains.  FUD?  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: