Re: Quoting

Steve Lamb wrote:
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:00:15 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 01:30:53PM +0200, Yves Goergen wrote:

(My primary system will stay Windows for many reasons!)

And likely none of them valid in 2003.

    Games.  Still valid in 2003.  And no, WineX doesn't count.

I would second that whole-heartedly. The current game that I want to play, America's Army just came out with a new version 1.9.0. Shortly after the windows release, they ported it to linux + mac (icculus rules :) . However, I guess the port was designed for an older libc... maybe one in redhat or something. Thats because it segfaults and the backtrace indicates libc being at fault. I didn't report this since I _am_ using something called _unstable_ ! Well, just waiting for the next revision of libc to fix this.

PS: Although to it's credit, the last revision of libc in unstable fixed some segfaults that I was getting, including one with the Citrix ICA client for linux which I use for university stuff.

--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop