Re: Quoting

On Saturday, August 30, 2003 1:07 PM CEST, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Apparently doesn't like to add line wraps, either.  Go dig through the
> preferences, you can enable both line wraps and quotemarks.  Google
> for OE-Quotefix to do the job right.  Or just go get a real mailer.

Hmm, maybe you first read my previous posting on this. I think my OE
settings are a little better now (for what should be "universally known").
Found OE-QuoteFix yesterday and it's quite OK so far. And I think we all
know what happens when quoting a >>>>>>> while line-wrapping then... But
this seems to be a failure of design.

> So stop using what is universally known as a broken mailer, the world
> isn't going to adapt to your inability to keep up with reality.  8:o)

Had this, too, in my last posting. It seems, the world (= you + * ?) doesn't
like OE very well... OK, a debian-user list may need such Linux fanatics as
those people, I see. (My primary system will stay Windows for many reasons!)
But the "world" doesn't seem to be able then to get a "real mailer" running
then. As I partially have stated before, I don't like "mailers" that offer
me half a screen full of pixelated 16 colour icons (reminds me a bit to the
good old Windows 3) and rectangular lines over lines just to delimit about
any control. I need to work efficiently with a program like that, not
drowning in the developer's inexperience in UI design. And you know the
rest... I think it's better to stop this discussion, stay by my OE and
ignore any complaints about it.

--
Yves Goergen
nospam.list@unclassified.de