Re: OT: Debian Mailinglist server slow?

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 09:59, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 02:39:28 -0700,
> Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote in message
> <[🔎] 20030830093928.GF9613@ursine.ca>:

> > On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 07:23:43PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > Just in case you *aren't* being sarcastic, or there are people on
> > > the list from places that are far, far from subway trains: yes,
> > > subways have their own dedicated tracks.  Of course, when the power
> > > goes out, the Amtrak control stations go dead, so there is a
> > > slightly higher possibility of 2 passenger trains plowing into each
> > > other.
> >
> > Not really.  Every railroad out there, including subway and commuter
> > systems, stops and proceeds slowly for signals.
>
> ...in exactly the same fasion airliners lands smoothly on their
> destination runway, instead of swatting down high rises.

Don't be an idiot.  There are no steering wheels on railroad engines.
They run down tracks.  That's all they can do, unless the tracks are
damaged, somehow.  And then, the whole train doesn't "jump" to another
track, and keep on going...

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

When Swedes start committing terrorism, I'll become suspicious
of Scandanavians.