Re: problem setting up locales

On Friday 29 Aug 2003 12:02 am, Slava Mikerin wrote:
> hello,
> i am having a problem with locales package
> configuration.
> here is the printout:
> Setting up locales (2.3.2-4) ...
> Generating locales...
>   Leave.alone...cannot open locale definition file
> `Leave': No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing locales (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error
> exit status 4
>
> any suggestions?
> thanks,
> slava

> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

hi,

From a quick look at the bug report part of the debian website there is a big
bug in the package in the unstable (which I assume you are running). If
getting this package working is not important to you, you could wait until
the bug is fixed. You could also try forward-porting the package from sarge.
I am not sure if the bug is the problem, perhaps someone esle could comment
on it?

pete

--
Someone esle can help you better than I can.

Every time I think that perhaps we are an advanced race, I turn around and
read ramblings on Slashdot, and realize I was wrong.