Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2003 #2549

M<y sound problem is a little different.  I CAN play
audio CDs and I can echo an audio file to /dev/dsp.
Both of these work.  What I can NOT do is get any
sound at a site using FLASH.  The FLASH program runs.
I can see it.  I can interact with it.  I just can't
hear it.  I am in the cdrom and audio groups.  Any
ideas on what I have misconfigured.  I don't have a
clue where to look, or what other information might be
useful in diagnosing this problem.

Marc Shapiro

Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:

> I can't use any of the apps that are supposed to
> work on my CD drive
> such as cdplay, dcd, xmcd.
>
> Sound is otherwise fine: I can play mp3 files from
> the hard disk and I
> can listen to CDs by pressing the buttons manually.
>
> Attempts to use the above apps produce the following
> errors:

<SNIP>