Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 02:36:26AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:41:45 +0200
> Anders Arnholm <anders@arnholm.nu> wrote:
> > So you don't copy from example web-pages and so on when trying to learn
> > about a new feature, area and so on. I do that aloot and thats is the
> > biggest problem with Python.
>
>     I do and it hasn't caused me any problems.  Might I suggest you learn how

Then tell me how you do it, if it's that easy that I shuld have know
aboutis, but I still use vim as vi almost only using the vi compatible
functions with some small additions that happens to make it more
usefull. There might be a simple concept not documented of described in
a obvius way that I have missed, but for me it gets into a painfull
reindening line by line (or sometimes marking the block and using the
shift operators to get it right, sometimes it's hard to know how many
steps you should shift the code so I still think it's a loot harder than
just =%, and using = is realy bad on python code, then you have changed
the syntax of the file).

> to use vim before citing problems based on your own ignorance[1].  Furthermore
> until you figure out how not to send mail both to me and the list when I am
> clearly reading and replying here correspondence between you and I is at an
> end.

I got a message in my inbox, and as it looked more personal I replyed to
it. This message is only going to the list,

> [1] Prime example being vim not able to fold Python code when I've seen it
> done.

I don't yet (or at least inte version of vim that I are useing had the
autofold function for Python code). Checking the currect documentation
show that now I can do it. At least on this computer. SO I stand
corrected that has been added and is working.

/ Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969