Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 02:10:10PM -0500, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2003-08-28T18:15:09Z, tallison@tacocat.net writes:
>
> > SDLC!  What a joke!!!!!
>
> OK, I'll bite.  Does everyone here honestly hate software engineering?  Or
> is it that they haven't seen it done well?

I'd guess the latter.  I've seen what could have been good software
engineering if management had been willing to work within the system.
(In other words, "we need this feature NOW" isn't always a great
reason to make release X.Y happen _today_).

  Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me
  and I'll understand.
          -- Chinese Proverb