[OT-ish] IGPL - Idea General Public Licence

What if we made a GPL for Ideas?  Write up your idea, and licence it
under a GPL like licence.  Since I cannot just get a thing done or
manufactured, perhaps I can get my idea accomplished by simply sharing
it...?

I thought of this, again, while reading:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/28/technology/circuits/28wind.html

... and:

http://www.vestas.dk/

I was thinking about how things like that could be done under a GPL or
open hardware like system, with an industry co-op for research and
design sharing, college tuition scholarships, internships, etc...  they
could licence the blueprints in some way that would ensure that nobody
"takes over" and overcompetes for a sales area or something... but there
could be more factories and distributed world wide to simplify logistics
for new ones and _compatible_ replacement parts.

These wind-dragons --- will they slow the wind down, and thus prevent
air pollution from being flushed from our cities?

Never mind.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <hegbloom@pdx.edu>