Re: resolv.conf file

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 13:06, Victory wrote:
> I setup my machine as a dhcp client, once in a while
> it add 000 to the end of search entry in "resolv.conf" file
> i.e "search mydomain.com\000" and it causing machine can not
> ping other machine by name,
> Where're these number 000 come from and how do to protect it
> from doing it again ???

You're probably on a network that has a Windows machine running as the
DHCP server. If that's the case I know that pump (apt-get install pump)
will handle the information correctly and strip the \000 from the end.
dhclient may have some way of getting around it, but I just use pump if
I'm in a Windows environment.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837