Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 06:01, Alex Malinovich wrote:
[...]
> Though I'm afraid that I do at least have to agree on the multiple ways
> of bracing. I much prefer method C in your descriptions, and method A I
> can deal with, but B drives me up a wall! Now if someone would devise a
> language with an extremely solid OO structure, good garbage collection,
> easy interfaces to C libraries, and most importantly, forced type C
> bracketing, I'd be in heaven! :)

if you'll settle for optional bracketing, I think python might be for
you ;-)

if cond:
# {
    block
# }
else:
# {
    block
# }

Seriously though, there should be an editor for python that
automatically inserts ghost brackets for all the C refugees. Eventually
they would get used to not typing them, and hopefully take the next step
to not wanting them there.

-Mark