Command line printing

Hi all
Now that I've got printing in KDE to work I need to get Openoffice  and
network(Samba) printing to work. Oo seems to need a commandline input and
this is what I'm starting with and also where my confusion begins.
A few questions,
Which package is lp part of?
Should I use lp or lpr? I seem to have both, whats the difference?
Are there any suggestions as to a command line entry I can use to print from?
-->
	I'm using a HP710C printer that is named as such in CUPS.
	The printer prints through the web interface using the reference
		ipp://Wuler:631/printers/HP710 (from the cups error log)
	The driver is pnm2ppa (not hpijs)

	lpstat gives the error
	<error>
		lpstat: Unable to connect to server: Connection refused
	</error>

	cupsdoprint -P HP710C zzz gives the error
	<error>
		server-error-service-unavailable
	</error>

Regards