Re: Command line printing

Hi Wayne,

Wayne Gemmell wrote:
Hi all
Now that I've got printing in KDE to work I need to get Openoffice and network(Samba) printing to work.

You seem to be tackling many problems at once.
First get the network printing to work, and then OOo.
Also, from what you wrote below, I assume you use CUPS instead of Samba for network printing.

Oo seems to need a commandline input and this is what I'm starting with and also where my confusion begins.
A few questions,
Which package is lp part of?

If you are using CUPS, cupsys-bsd will give you the commandline printingcommands (so-called BSD-style) like lpr, lpq, lprm.
'lp' is the name of the default printer in unix-systems.
So if you have cupsys-bsd installed and named your printer lp, regular programs (and OOo) should give you no problems.

[Errors when printing]

From the web-interface, can you print a test-page?
Also it would help to know the details:
1. To which computer is the printer attached?
2. On which computer is cups running?
3. Why is Samba being used?

Good luck,

Stefan