Re: Help Please!!

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:51:15AM -0400, William Bradley wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 August 2003 02:58 am, Kent West wrote:
>
> > Whoo-hoo!
>
> .... bit premature it seems. (Sigh!)
>
> > Okay, make sure that gpm is configured to repeat "raw" (either edit
> > /etc/gpm.conf, or better, re-run gpmconfig).
>
> When I set up "gpmconfig" with "fuimps" the mouse moves when I test it. When I
> get out of "gpmconfig" it still works.
>
> However when I "shutdown -r now" when it reboots the mouse is dead again.
> Thinking the gpm server is not working, I entered "#gpm" but that did not
> change anything.

Make sure that gpmconfig actually wrote the file /etc/gpm.conf .  I
have found on more than one Debian machine that gpmconfig did not
write that file or wrote an empty file.  So I created /etc/gpm.conf by
hand.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But the end of all things is at hand; be ye therefore
      sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things
      have fervent love among yourselves; for love shall
      cover the multitude of sins."      I Peter 4:7,8