Re: Help Please!!

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 03:15 am, Johann Spies wrote:

> Make sure that gpmconfig actually wrote the file /etc/gpm.conf .  I
> have found on more than one Debian machine that gpmconfig did not
> write that file or wrote an empty file.  So I created  by
> hand.

Thank you Johann, I did check the /etc/gpm.conf. I finally got the mouse
working with gpmconfig. It was a curious situation in that gpmconfig would
not recognize the Logitech PS/2 (with wheel) that I was using. Another three
button mouse (PS/2) only worked haphazardly. Finally I put a two button PS/2
mouse on and gpmcongfig accepted it "fups2" in a stable fashion and has been
stable ever since. Go figure!!

Bill.

William Bradley
Come visit us at: