Re: Help Please!!

William Bradley wrote:

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 02:58 am, Kent West wrote:

Whoo-hoo!

.... bit premature it seems. (Sigh!)

Okay, make sure that gpm is configured to repeat "raw" (either edit
/etc/gpm.conf, or better, re-run gpmconfig).

When I set up "gpmconfig" with "fuimps" the mouse moves when I test it. When I get out of "gpmconfig" it still works.

However when I "shutdown -r now" when it reboots the mouse is dead again. Thinking the gpm server is not working, I entered "#gpm" but that did not change anything.

To see if gpm is running, do a "ps ax | grep [g]pm"; you should get back a line similar to:
 371 ?        S      1:11 /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t imps2 -r 25 -Rraw

If not, your gpm script is either not running or is failing. Try "/etc/init.d/gpm start" to start gpm, and then either move the mouse or do the above "ps" command again. If this works, that means the script is not running for some reason on boot-up.

Then I go back to "gpmconfig" and get it going again. Sometimes it doesn't take on the first configuration and has to be done again and then it will work.
This is just weird.

--
Kent