Re: Help Please!!

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 12:28 pm, Kent West wrote:

> >>Whoo-hoo!

WHOO-HOO!!!!

> To see if gpm is running, do a "ps ax | grep [g]pm"; you should get back
> a line similar to:
>   371 ?        S      1:11 /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t imps2 -r 25 -Rraw

On the above got:

199 ? S 0:00 gpm start

> If not, your gpm script is either not running or is failing. Try
> "/etc/init.d/gpm start" to start gpm, and then either move the mouse or
> do the above "ps" command again. If this works, that means the script is
> not running for some reason on boot-up.

Did the "/etc/init.d/gpm start

The mouse did not move. So I put the Logitech mouse on and nothing would drive
it at all in "gpmconfig".

Then I got my two-button ps/2 mouse that I carry with my laptop. In
"gpmconfig" it ran with "fups2". Restarted Debian and it still worked. Shut
Debian right down and restarted and it still worked.

Then I hit "startx", Window Maker came up and the mouse moved all over the
screen. Whoooeee!!

Deleted the "exit 0" on XDM and it booted graphically and the mouse has
command of the screen.

Thank you again Kent for all of your patient help. Debian would have been gone
by now without it.

Bill.

William Bradley
Come visit us at: