Re: Stripped down versions of software

Jesse Meyer <meyer@btinet.net> [25 Aug 2003 15:08 -0500]:
> (ratpoison is an interesting window manager since it is very
> minimal and maximizes each window - I find it useful for 640x480
> resolutions, but at 800x600, lines get too long in terminals for
> my tastes)

You could use a larger font.

> Dillo is probably a better choice.
>
> For non-graphical, check out w3m or lynx.

I use ratpoison and dillo on a Pentium 200 MHz w/40MB RAM.

"w3m-img provides some utilities to support inline images for w3m
on terminal emulator in X Window System environments and linux
framebuffer."

Dillo renders faster than w3m with images, don't know which one
uses more memory.  w3m's scrolling with images is pretty rough.

Lynx on the console will launch zgv to display images, one at a time.

Geordie.