Re: Stripped down versions of software

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:34:34 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> I never understood why the lynx team had such a hard time with that
> one.  I remember using lynx at the library on a WYSE terminal in
> elementary school (I'm 21) before tables came out and it was a
> mindblowing web-browser considering the limitations of the medium[0].

    Yup.  I remember first using lynx waaaaay back when I was still on my
Slackware box.  It was great for the quick Yahoo! searches when I was being a
snarky chanop on a #linux channel.  "That can be answered with a 2 word Yahoo!
search.  Have you even tried!?"

    But like many programs it just got outclassed.  Seems like the natural
progression of programs in open source.  Evolve or get overrun.  :)