Re: Setting up the parport

On Friday 22 August 2003 02:10, Wayne Gemmell wrote:
> >   parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
> >   lp0: using parport0 (polling).
>
> hmmm pity, I was hoping that I'd missed another easy fix that is hard to
> find that would put me out of my missery *yawn* I'll try again tomorrow..
> Thanks for the input.
Hi, I thought I'd just finish off this thread saying that at last I have a
printer working [its only taken a year or so<on and off>] The final solution
was to uninstall foomatic-bin.. and install foomatic-filters from unstable.
Pretty arb and easy to miss huh??
Cheers
Wayne [celebratory cigar time!!]