Re: Setting up the parport

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 01:25:23AM +0200, Wayne Gemmell wrote:
> Yup, i've been there but I didn't see anything dealing this close to the
> hardware. Its all about CUPS and GS but it doen;t seem to touch on setting up
> parport.

There isn't really much to set up most of the time. Either it finds a
parallel port and it'll work, or it doesn't find one and it won't. All I
get in dmesg on my print server is:

  parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
  lp0: using parport0 (polling).

The parport0 line says what kind of parallel port it found, and the lp0
line says that /dev/lp0 is using parport0.

--
Michael Heironimus