Problems with xserver-xfree86

On Debian sid, I've been trying to install xfree86. After installation
(including xserver-xfree86, xserver-common, and xfree86-common), it
seems there was a problem creating /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, /etc/X11/X,
and /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config. Long story short, they're not there. I've
tried doing a dpkg-reconfigure with no luck--the files are still not
being installed. Is this a bug in the package, a change of policy, or
should these files be provided by another package?

--
Stephen Touset <stephen@touset.org>