Re: Problems with xserver-xfree86

On Debian sid, I've been trying to install xfree86. After installation
(including xserver-xfree86, xserver-common, and xfree86-common), it
seems there was a problem creating /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, /etc/X11/X,
and /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config. Long story short, they're not there. I've
tried doing a dpkg-reconfigure with no luck--the files are still not
being installed. Is this a bug in the package, a change of policy, or
should these files be provided by another package?

can you find /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config or /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86cfg ?
try entering 'xf86config' in console.
at the end of it type 'n' to any question concerning saving of the config file.
at the end you're asked to enter your own save path. then try to enter "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"

possible that they changed the paths for sid???
try "find . -name XF86Config-4 -print" when you're in directory '/'.