Re: Is Gnome working in teesting?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 11:15:56PM -0400, stan wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 12:47:49AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 02:01:47PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > > Is sound still also broken in testing?
> >
> > [Please don't send me private copies of list mail. I read the list.]
>
> Sorry, my mailer insists on sending mail back to the originator. I thinks
> it's because of the way the mailheaders come from the list :-(
> O catually have to explictly cc the list to get it sent there.

Set 'subscribe debian-user@lists.debian.org' in ~/.muttrc, then use 'L'
rather than 'r' to reply to list mail. Also, you can always edit headers
in mutt before sending the mail.

> > I don't know the problem you're referring to, so I have no idea ...
>
> smokey:~# apt-get upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages have been kept back
>   aspell aspell-en audacity avifile-mad-plugin avifile-mjpeg-plugin
>   avifile-player avifile-vorbis-plugin avifile-win32-plugin
>   avifile-xvid-plugin avview black-box bubblemon criticalmass debconf
>   freeciv-gtk gcompris gcompris-data gcompris-sound-en gedit glunarclock
>   gnome-applets gnome-mud gnome-panel gnome-panel-data gnome-session
>   gnome-spell gnome-utils gnumeric gnumeric-python initrd-tools j2re1.3
>   libguppi16 libgwrapguile1 libopenal0 libsdl-mixer1.2 mc mp3blaster
>   mplayer-k6 mysql-navigator pan penguin-command rockdodger sidplay-base
>   simplecdrx soundtracker sox timidity tuxpaint vegastrike vorbis-tools
>   wenglish xchat-common xine-ui xmms-modplug xmms-osd-plugin xmms-qbble
>   xmms-sid xpenguins-applet 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed,
>   0 to remove and 58  not upgraded.
>   smokey:~#

libvorbis0/libvorbis0a, probably. Guess so then.

> > > And a followup question, if I want to install a new system, what should I
> > > do, just install stable, and accept that it will not be nearly as current
> > > as my machines which have been tracking testing for a while?
> >
> > That depends what you're looking for. My server runs stable; my laptop
> > (which is also my main development machine) runs unstable; my
> > workstation at work ran stable up until late last week, and now runs
> > testing because I wanted mozilla-firebird with anti-aliased fonts.
>
> How did you get it upgraded to testing, given all teh current breakeage in
> testing?

That clearly depends on what packages one has installed, doesn't it? As
a work machine it has relatively little in the way of sound, flashy
desktop environments, etc. The upgrade was flawless with the one
exception of having to mess around with XKB a bit to get my Alt and
Windows keys swapped over again the way I like them.

Cheers,