Re: Is Gnome working in teesting?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 02:01:47PM -0400, stan wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 05:27:26PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > If it's filed in the bug tracking system, at the moment you just have to
> > look at the bug every so often, although there's some work outstanding
> > on letting you subscribe to bugs.
> >
> > If it's not, then you just have to look every so often. In the case of
> > GNOME, reading the debian-gtk-gnome mailing list would probably be your
> > best bet, if you aren't prepared to keep a very close eye on the state
> > of testing (which I try to do for other reasons).
>
> Is sound still also broken in testing?

[Please don't send me private copies of list mail. I read the list.]

I don't know the problem you're referring to, so I have no idea ...

> And a followup question, if I want to install a new system, what should I
> do, just install stable, and accept that it will not be nearly as current
> as my machines which have been tracking testing for a while?

That depends what you're looking for. My server runs stable; my laptop
(which is also my main development machine) runs unstable; my
workstation at work ran stable up until late last week, and now runs
testing because I wanted mozilla-firebird with anti-aliased fonts.

Right now, systems running testing are actually substantially out of
date with respect to unstable, due to problems holding up chunks of
GNOME 2 and all of KDE 3, and more recently problems with glibc 2.3.2.
Once the latter is resolved I expect the former two to follow reasonably
soon.

Cheers,