Re: Today mozilla-firebird Wants To Remove KDE

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 10:38, David Crane wrote:
> Thanks Thomas,
>
> I had read these FAQs at www.debian.org/devel/testing, and was
> prepared for some level of uncertainty.  The problem I am getting
> doesn't seem to be described in the FAQ, however.  Rather, it
> doesn't look like there is a package that would replace KDE.   It
> might be that something at a lower dependency level is being
> updated, forcing the current KDE packages to be removed.  If
> that's the case, I would be able to reinstall them immediately.
> (But, on my 56K modem, immediately can take many hours. ;-)
[snip]

Even though the packages have been "removed", the debs still remain
in /var/cache/apt/archives.

Thus, unless new revisions of the KDE s/w have been released, apt
won't re-download the debs.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"(Women are) like compilers. They take simple statements and
make them into big productions."
Pitr Dubovitch